The World Health Organisation, The Department of Health UK and the CQC now stipulate that registered care homes must provide “opportunities for stimulation through leisure and recreational activities” for all residents and that these should be “flexible” and diverse to “suit the needs and capacities” of those in care.
At Sport and Health Academy, we deliver innovative armchair exercise sessions that are specifically designed to do the following for those with limited physical mobility and limited mental capacity (for example, customers suffering with alzheimers or dementure) and ensure that our care home clients are exceeding the necessary guidelines:
- improve the physical strength, balance and coordination of all residents;
- reduce the number of falls of residents;
- increase social interactions between residents;
- improve the overall quality of life experienced by residents.
Our sessions are incredibly diverse and flexible to ensure that they appeal to everyone within the setting. For example, we deliver the following sessions to a number of prestigious care homes in the northwest:
- Dance (commercial jazz, ballet, contemporary, tap, jive etc)
- Fun Fitness (variety of stretching and resistance training/games)
- Tai Chi
We are so confident that you will love our sessions, we even offer a free taster of our services!
For further information or to book a free taster session, please click on the button below.